Sunday, June 22, 2014

Second Week As An Administrator

The third week was full of meetings.  First I met with the gifted teachers.  She emailed me and asked me to meet her for lunch.  We met at school and went to lunch in her "little red car".  It was a very pleasant lunch as we discussed the gifted program, schedule, and expectations.  I told her my objective for the gifted program was for her to reach as many students as possible. She is truly a hard worker and I know she will continue to make the school move forward.  She is very interested in "The Leader in Me".

I also met with the President and the Vice President of the PTA.  I asked the new Assistant Principal to meet with us, so we could all become acquainted.  We discussed their calendar from years past, programs, fundraisers, and activities.  This is going to be a wonderful experience working with such professional and engaged parents.  The PTA board will meet next week and email me their proposed calendar for this school year.  Great things are happening at Weatherly Heights! I'm so excited!!!!

I also talked with a facilitator with "Leader in Me", 7 Habits.   She is the principal of a Lighthouse School and has offered to come and train myself, the assistant principal, and the instructional coach in the next couple of weeks.  She also will help get the faculty back on board with training.  This is so exciting for Weatherly Heights Elementary.  We go the extra mile while leading and learning together! 


No comments:

Post a Comment