Monday, June 16, 2014

First Week as Principal

First, I worked on building a positive relationship with my secretary. We went out to lunch and talked about family, interest, and some school business.   She is absolutely wonderful and extremely knowledgeable!  Secondly, I worked on developing a new Faculty Policy Manual.  When that was completed, I tried to get familiar with the building, grounds, and studied last years data and demographics.  I called a meeting with the former Principal, new Assistant Principal/TOSA, and new Instructional Coach last Friday morning.  I went to TARGET and brought fresh cut up fruit, orange juice, and several different fresh baked goods.  I wanted everyone to know how much I appreciated them coming in and how valuable their input and opinions are to the success of the school.  It was a very productive meeting and next school year is going to be great because I have a great team to work with.  The entire building is getting a fresh coat of paint and it is looking fantastic.  This is a very exciting time!

No comments:

Post a Comment